What to expect at Your First Visit
Upon your arrival at Oyster Bay Orthodontics, please notify our receptionist. We can’t wait to welcome you to our office.
Dr. Rasouli will conduct a thorough clinical orthodontic examination and explain all aspects of treatment herself.
The purpose of the initial examination is to answer the following questions:
- What sort of problem is present, if any?
- When is the proper time to begin treatment?
- What type of treatment is indicated?
- How long will the treatment take?
- How much will the treatment cost?
What is next?
If orthodontic treatment is indicated at this time, an appointment for diagnostic records is scheduled. If time allows, these diagnostic records can be taken at the initial visit.
What are diagnostic records?
- Digital Study models of your teeth created by a scan of your dentition; no impressions needed.
- Panoramic and cephalometric radiographs and tracings.
What is the cost of the treatment?
The cost of treatment depends upon the severity of the patient’s problem. The treatment coordinator will discuss fees and payment options during the initial examination, if treatment is required. We have different payment plans to suit your budget and accept assignment from most insurance plans. We work hard to make orthodontic work affordable.
What does my investment include?
- Orthodontic records, which consist of digital radiographs and study models, photographs and a personalized growth study workup to determine your treatment objectives.
- Active treatment fee for both early treatment options and complete comprehensive treatment with braces or Invisalign includes all appliances, office visits, and procedures performed in the office. Appliances are durable and should last through the entire treatment period if the patient follows instructions. If appliances require replacement due to loss, breakage, misuse or failure to eliminate foods that cause damage, we reserve the right to charge an additional replacement fee.
- One set of final retainers for our comprehensive (Phase II) patients is provided upon completion of treatment. There is a replacement fee for each additional retainer that is lost or broken.
What doesn’t my investment include?
- Work performed at other dental offices outside our orthodontic practice.
- If an accident or injury occurs during treatment which results in TMJ (Temporo-Mandibular-Joint) complications, additional orthodontics, orthognathic surgery, etc, a fee adjustment may be required to complete treatment under these unusual circumstances.
Assignment of benefits
We accept assignment of benefits for most insurance plans. By doing this, the family’s out-of-pocket expense is substantially lower. If we do not accept assignment of benefits from your plan, we will be happy to file claims so that the insured can be reimbursed directly. Should there be any change in your policy prior to full payment of the insurance benefit, please contact our office immediately so adjustments can be made to your contract.
It is our goal to see you, on time, for your appointment. Time is scheduled to complete the necessary procedure, give information about the treatment and answer any questions you may have. In order for us to maintain a schedule that runs in a timely manner, we request that patients arrive on time to avoid delays as the day progresses. Your cooperation and consideration with appointments is greatly appreciated by our office and the patients that are to be seen after your appointment.